Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I got hosed by ebay!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ebay never ceases to amaze me in their inability to care about the people who use the site and make them money. I had 5 auctions yanked today cause I stated "buyer agrees to pay Paypal fees". Here I am being upfront and honost with all the extra charges to my auctions yet I get tinkled on. Apparently its a new policy by ebay that I did not know about, so no warning just yank my auctions that are doing well. Ebay suggested that I compensate myself by adding to the shipping. So what they are saying is that if I lie and stick people with hidden fees then its OK, Whatever [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    My friend/tech advisor is a worldwide top 500 E-bay Seller and actually has a shipping department!

    Yhey charge for shipping plus they charge for the "handling" of their products. It's well worth it. NOBODY on the planet packs items better than their shipping department.

    The built in charge for every E-bay transaction covers paying the shipping department for their time and materials and labor, and even a little bit for profit.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just like society to punish someone for trying to be honest and upfront...so they would rather you hide the charges in shipping fees than be upfront....with the way honesty is "promoted" in the world, it's no wonder these CEO's rip off everyone's pensions and live in mansions! mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •